So, I don't know if you have noticed it but I sure have the recent emergence of the "Organic" Bodega in your neighborhood. I have been living in BK for about 6 years now! Wow, time flies! My first stop in BK was Nostrand Ave where I setup my home base for about 2 years and noticed the slight changes to the area little by little. Restaurants start upgrading and getting makeovers. The local corner store starts to carry more health friendly food vibz. Now, living in "DO or Die Bedstuy" for the past 4 years I see the changes even more.
I am not complaining its about time the local Bodega started carrying juices besides "Quarter Water" or " 50 cent bag of Chips" but what has sparked this new influx of change. Could it be the Food Justice Warriors in the community are really starting to enforce change through policy, advocacy, and some down- hard grassrootz vibz? YES and NO!
I am not complaining its about time the local Bodega started carrying juices besides "Quarter Water" or " 50 cent bag of Chips" but what has sparked this new influx of change. Could it be the Food Justice Warriors in the community are really starting to enforce change through policy, advocacy, and some down- hard grassrootz vibz? YES and NO!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Give Thanks for the Reasoning!